Friday, July 23, 2010

Borrowed From a Friend Part II

Apparently, Boston wants to join in with Philly and New York....

Today after work I was waiting for my bus, saw the right one coming, and flagged it down. I see the driver put on the turn signal and start to pull over towards the stop, so I turn to walk to where the actual stop is (I was maybe 20 ft away), and joined another girl who was also waiting right at the stop for the same bus. As the driver approaches the stop, it becomes apparent she intends to drive right by, so I flag her down again. When the bus finally stops a short distance from the stop, the driver proceeds to yell at me that "I'm not a mind reader you know" and "how am I supposed to know if I should stop if you walk away from the bus." To which I replied, "well, I saw you put on your signal and start pulling over, so to me that means you knew to stop." Her reply was a dirty look and a mumbled string of words I didn't bother to listen to as I walked to my seat.

Note to self: always stare directly at the driver until you actually set foot on the bus.
Nice to know that driver grumpiness is universal!

No comments:

Post a Comment